TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
The following Terms and Conditions of Purchase shall apply to all services purchased by a customer from mplus, which is a wholly owned division of Emrill Services LLC (hereafter referred to as “mplus”), and the customer shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions of Purchase (unless specifically waived or varied by Emrill in writing).
The customer shall:
- Ensure that a responsible person, whether this be the property owner, or a representative of the property owner, is present to enable access to the property as agreed/scheduled and be present at the property for the duration of the service delivery. For the avoidance of doubt, if attendance of a scheduled and confirmed callout appointment is delayed or prohibited due to inability to gain access to the premises, the services shall be considered as fulfilled/completed.
- Provide water and electricity for any maintenance work being carried out.
- Ensure there is a safe and secure means of access to all plant and equipment that requires maintenance, this includes but not limited to roof access.
- Remove all obstructions around the area to be serviced (e.g., water tanks) to allow safe access.
- Bear any cost for any destructive access (such as cutting through ceiling plaster or panels) is required for delivery of the services.
- Promptly settle all charges without any set-off, deduction or counter claim.
1.1 HOME SIZES
- Apartments are defined as homes that are vertically stacked above each other in a single building. In some cases, an apartment may be referred to as studio or a loft.
- Villas are defined as homes that are horizontally laid out either as free-standing buildings or with shared walls. In some cases, a Villa may be referred to a Podium Villa or a Townhouse.
- Bedrooms are defined as any room that is used for sleeping purposes. A Maid’s room, Driver’s room and/or and study that could be used as a bedroom are included in this definition when defining the overall home size.
- For services whose price varies based on home size, the following will define how a home size option is determined:
|Home Size Category ||Number of Bedrooms (incl. maid’s room / study etc.) ||Max AC units within package |
|Small Apartment ||Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedrooms ||3 |
|Large Apartment ||3 bedrooms, 4 bedrooms ||5 |
|XL Apartment ||5 bedrooms, Penthouse Appt. ||7 |
|Small Villa ||2 bedrooms, 3 bedrooms ||4 |
|Large Villa ||4 bedrooms, 5 bedrooms ||6 |
|XL Villa ||6 bedrooms, 7 bedrooms ||8 |
|Special Home ||Apartments > 5,000 sq. ft., Villas > 8,000 sq. ft. ||10+ Customized package |
1.2 HOME MAINTENANCE PACKAGES AND CALL OUT DETAILS
- The scope of services provided is defined as per the package description purchased as well as any additional options or variables selected during the order process.
- Maintenance Services will be scheduled over a recurring 12-month period as per the following:
|DESCRIPTION ||CALL OUT DETAILS ||EMERGENCY CALL OUT ||SCOPE OF SERVICES ||SPARE PARTS |
|Silver Package ||8 Call Outs ||Unlimited ||Planned Preventive Maintenance |
- 2 Air Conditioning Service
- 2 Electrical Service
- 2 Plumbing Service
2 Handy Man Services (1st Hour free of cost, additional hours - AED 180/ Hr)
|Not Included |
1.2.1 EMERGENCY CALL OUTS
- System emergency is categorised as:
- Complete failure of A/C system in the premises
- Complete failure of electrical power in the premises
- Complete failure of water system pressure
- Complete failure of plumbing drainage system
- Any system emergencies that are associated with issues for which mplus has previously provided the customer with a quote to fix the root cause of said system issue will not be included as an Emergency call out and will be chargeable in full.:
- mplus will not be held responsible for any damage to the customer’s property, in the intervening time between the receipt of the call out request by the customer, and the arrival of the mplus team.
- Fair Usage: For customers paying monthly, the emergency calls out allowance will be limited by a pro-rata amount. - 1 call out per month).
1.2.2 PLANNED PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE - PPM
For Customers on monthly payment plan, 1st planned preventive maintenance can only be scheduled after the 4th monthly instalment / payment and 2nd planned preventive maintenance post the 9th month instalment.
For new annual packages, PPM survey will be scheduled within 1 week from the date of package acquisition. If customer is not available for the PPM survey, reactive callouts will be placed on hold until survey completed.
Notification will be communicated to the customer 1 week prior to a planned maintenance visit being carried out. If no confirmation is received by the customer 48 hours prior to the appointment being carried out, the appointment will be cancelled. The customer will have 1 further opportunity to reschedule said appointment within a 4-week period (apart from water tank cleaning where rescheduling will not be possible).
1.2.3 EXCLUDED ITEMS AND ACTIVITIES
The following items / activities are excluded from the scope of services of all home maintenance packages: GENERAL
- Installation of any items / materials provided by the customer.
- Any carpentry, new installations, Aluminium windows/ doors, painting, and civil works.
- Any addition, upgrade, replacement, or partial replacement to existing systems.
- Any rectification / modification to correct design, construction, or commissioning faults.
- Kitchen equipment.
- Audio visual equipment.
- Data and related components.
- Package is based on Split, Window AC and FCU’s. VRV/ VRF systems are considered specialised equipment, excluded from scope, and will be priced outside the standard package.
- Air conditioning maintenance does not include, fan and chemical coil cleaning, and disinfection/ mould treatment.
- Air Conditioning modification and or insulation work for piping, ducting and internal duct cleaning.
- Troubleshooting of any programmable AC units that requires a specialist team/ manufacturers password to gain access to system.
- Roof or basement leakage due to water proofing failure of the structure.
- Chilled water systems, pumps, or piping insulation.
- Water pipes that are not visible and require civil works.
- Garden Sprinkler/Irrigation systems and associated pumps and equipment.
- Replacement of water heaters, main water or booster pumps, and pressure kits.
- Main bathroom items such as Toilet Pan, Cistern, Basin, Shower basin, Bathtub, bidet, and shower systems.
- Replacement of water or drainage lines in shafts, air wells, water pumps, pressure vessels, bladders, water tanks.
- Sump pit /Grease trap/ Drain line jet cleaning in confined spaces, manhole cleaning with root removal in the main drainage network.
- Specialist equipment, alarms, intercom, etc.
- Repair of Garage Doors or control systems.
- Replacement of complete light fittings, systems, and/or re-wiring.
- Home Smart/Automation System.
- Fees due are as per the relevant maintenance package or applicable quotation.
- Payment can be made online or cash upon arrival of the technical team.
- Payment needs to be completed prior to commencing the scheduled work at the customer's property.
- Payments can be made via MasterCard or Visa credit cards.
- Should any payment fail to be made, the customer’s account and all services will be suspended or discontinued until payment is cleared in full.
- mplus reserves its right to apply interest to any overdue sums in accordance with UAE law.
- All payment transactions are to be made in AED only.
- If a scheduled visit needs to be cancelled by mplus, the visit will be rescheduled at no extra cost to the customer.
- If a scheduled visit needs to be re-scheduled/ cancelled by the customer, mplus team needs to be notified 24 hrs prior to the appointment via the call centre, registered email, what's app or live chat. If notification is not received within the 24 hrs window, there will be a call out deduction processed from the package. Where all package callouts have been used, additional callout charges of AED180.00 incl. VAT will be applicable.
- The customer must give 48 hours’ notice to cancel a scheduled visit upon which the customer will have one opportunity to reschedule said visit within a 4-week period. No cancellations are permitted for water tank cleaning (except for water tank cleaning where rescheduling will not be possible).
- Customers using packages and making monthly payments may cancel their package subscription with 60 days written notice to mplus. Payments for the 60-day cancellation period will be due as normal.
- Customers using packages that have paid for said package annually in advance may cancel their package at any time. Since a 5% discount has been provided for packages of this nature, no refunds & non-transferrable package will be provided upon early cancellation of the service.
- mplus reserves the right to cancel any service or package without a refund at any time with immediate effect if, in the reasonable opinion of mplus, the customer is responsible for any of any of the following:
- Abuse of staff
- Fraud or misrepresentation
- Misuse of the services
- Inappropriate or improper conduct
- mplus warrants that it will remedy any defect that is caused as a direct result of mplus actions or negligence at no cost to the customer provided that such defect is highlighted in writing or via the call centre to mplus within 30 days from the date of the original service taking place.
- Warranties shall not be provided on materials or spare parts unless the defect is proven to be the cause of mplus actions or negligence and such defect is highlighted in writing to mplus within 30 days from the date of the original service taking place.
- mplus shall not be liable for any defects that are caused by or related to fair wear and tear, misuse, customer, or third-party actions.
1.2.7 PACKAGED SUBSCRIBERS’ TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract cancellation amount is non-refundable.
- Any material purchased by the customer will not be fitted or replaced by mplus technicians.
- Monthly contract cancellation will require 60 days minimum notification from the customer.
- mplus reserves the right to terminate a contract and charge an inspection fee of AED 180 ,if the unit type / size declared during the contract purchase differ from the actual customer unit and / or if the unit or the equipment within the unit is not in full working and well-maintained condition.
- For all 'One time Service / One off Service' purchased, as the scope of work cannot be determined without a site visit, the original amount (AED 180) charged covers only for the inspection and/or a maximum one hour of technician time without any material use coverage. During the site visit, mplus technician will review the requirement in detail and will endeavour to carry out works within the initial one-hour visit. Where additional works exceeding the initial first hour, mplus with provide a separate quotation for the actual work. In the event of customer not accepting / approving the quotation, the amount paid will be charged against the inspection charges.
- mplus reserves the right to refuse an order if it is deemed to require services beyond the reasonable scope indicated.
- No other obligations or services, either impressed, implied, or inferred, during any communications, is included in the charges unless detailed in the package option or in a formal quotation issued by mplus.
- mplus may, at its discretion, make changes to the services and/or terms and conditions. Following any such changes that mplus considers to be material, the customer will be notified within 30 days. By continuing to use mplus services after said changes are made, the customer is deemed to be expressly acknowledging their acceptance of the changes.
- During the contract period, should any damage to the customer’s property, assets or premises be found to be caused as a direct result of the service provided by mplus and/or due to failure to carry out contracted maintenance (unless such failure was caused or contributed to by the customer or a third party), the financial liability of mplus to the customer will be limited, to the extent permissible by law) to a maximum value of AED 5,000. To the extent permissible by law, mplus shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect, or special loss whatsoever.
- These terms and conditions of purchase shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates and party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). (Both Packaged & Non-packaged customers).
- Should there be any changes to legislation applicable to the services provided, any necessary changes to the services and/or fees will be implemented as determined by mplus to comply with the new or revised legislation accordingly.
1.2.8 CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Postings on our website (www.mplus.ae or via the mplus app) are made at such times as mplus determines in its discretion. You should not assume the information contained on our website has been updated or otherwise contains current information. mplus does not review past postings to determine whether they remain accurate, and information contained in such postings may have been superseded. The information and materials in our website are provided for your review in accordance with the notices, terms and conditions set forth herein. These materials are not guaranteed or represented to be complete, correct or up to date. These materials may be changed from time to time without notice.
1.2.9 LINK TO THIRD PARTY DISCLAIMER
Our website may contain links to websites owned or operated by parties other than mplus. Such links are provided for your reference only. mplus does not monitor or control external websites and is not responsible for their content. mplus.ae inclusion of links to an outside website does not imply any endorsement of the material on our website or, unless expressly disclosed otherwise, any sponsorship, affiliation or association with its owner, operator, or sponsor, nor does mplus’ inclusion of the links imply that mplus is authorised to use any trade name, trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the linked website.
1.2.10 COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
Unless otherwise noted, all materials including without limitation, logos, brand names, images, designs, photographs, video clips and written and other materials that appear as part of our website are copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property whether registered or unregistered (“Intellectual Property”) owned, controlled, or licensed by mplus.ae. Our website is protected by copyright and trade dress. Nothing on our website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Intellectual Property displayed or used on our website, without the prior written permission of the Intellectual Property owner. mplus aggressively fully enforces its intellectual property rights of the law. The names and logos of mplus, may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of materials on our website, without prior, written permission from mplus. mplus prohibits use of any logo of mplus or any of its affiliates as part of a link to or from any website unless mplus approves such link in advance and in writing. Fair use of mplus Intellectual Property requires proper acknowledgment. Other product and company names mentioned in our website may be the Intellectual Property of their respective owners.
1.2.11 ACCOUNTABILITY FOR ONLINE ACTIONS, BEHAVIOR & CONDUCT
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
- United Arab of Emirates is our country of domicile.
- Minors under the age of 18 shall are prohibited to register as a User of this website or app and are not allowed to transact or use the services provided by mplus.
- If you make a payment for our products or services on our website, the details you are asked to submit will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection.